Semanada >   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
When you lose, don't lose the lesson

quinta-feira, maio 08, 2008

‘Fresh Mussels for a Late Lunch’



Hoje, neste dia da entrevista da Exma. Sra. Dra. Ferreira Leite, vem mesmo a propósito um post sobre mexilhão. Fica assim a nota de Julia Parsons, no A Slice of Cherry Pie, que visito regularmente. Sigam o conselho de Julia Parsons: “discard those that are open (and don't close when you tap them) before you cook them and discard those that are closed after you’ve cooked them.
It’s been a beautiful weekend here in Kent, and it’s not often you can say that on a Bank Holiday! Yesterday Rob and I took a trip to my favourite fish monger at Whitstable Harbour (which I think I may have mentioned once or twice on this blog!) and I picked up some beautiful fresh mussels for a late lunch. They’re the quickest thing to cook and are so delicious, especially when served with a broth and lots of crusty bread to soak it all up. I tried this recipe from Antony Worrall Thompson which was very nice, although a little too buttery for my taste so I’d cut back on that if I made it again. Don’t forget the golden rule with mussels.
Julia Parsons, in A slice of Cherry Pie
seta linkA Slice of Cherry Pie
seta linkTSF > Noticia sobre entrevista de Manuela Ferreira Leite


Etiquetas: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:29 da tarde, Blogger mdsol said...

fina ironia....
:))

 
At 10:34 da manhã, Blogger Cristina said...

ola amigo Perdigão


deixei-te um desafio no CC :)

beijinho

 

Enviar um comentário

<< Home



footer-letra